When To Pack ?

ok where do I start?....umm ..At Christmas time I packed up things so I could decorate for Christmas and the holidays.. now I have my snowmen collection out.

We're moving soon after tax time and we get financed....
should I pack all the things we are not using ?
so its less to do when we move...or.. should I wait till we get financed?
how long does it take to get financed?
how long does it take to do paper work and close the deal?
we found a house we might want should i ask for a tour so we can see the inside and know for sure that's the one we want?
I'm very excited about the move.. very anxious to see the house inside.. please be honest.. no bashing please, remember if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it... thank you all in advance

meNmine

Asked by meNmine at 2:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• With our first house we looked then talked to a mortgage company. I did not start packing until the night before closing. Closing took about three weeks. With our second house we got pre-approved first THEN looked. We had a hiccup with our closing because the guy we were buying our house from had bought it as a foreclosure and flipped it in 2 months. The bank needed for the guy to own the house for at least 3 months and also needed to see proof of the money he had put into the house (there was a BIG difference in his price and our price). Our house had been on the market for 3 days and we were the 4th people to submit an offer. He accepted ours and then the hiccup occured. To keep the seller happy we "rented" the house from him for a month until we could officially buy the house. This kept the seller happy, so we were moved in and had been living in the house for a month or two (its been almost two years) when we moved in.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Pack as much of the things you do not need/use right now. The less you have to do later, the better. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• We are moving in 5 weeks and we are packing now. I would start with the things you dont need just to ease upon the packing.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Go ahead and find a realtor and take a look at the house. Go to your bank and get a pre-approval letter. It will be easier to make an offer that will be accepted if you have a letter saying you are already approved for a certain amount. How long it takes can vary. If you don't have any problem getting a loan and have plenty of cash to make the down payment and pay closing costs you could get everything done in only a few weeks, but I think 30 -60 days is more common. My husband & I looked at a house on 12/28/09, talked to the bank on 12/30/09, made an offer on 12/31/09, and we will be closing on 1/21/10.

If you know you will be moving you might as well start packing things up. GL!
    Anonymous

• Before you pack, purge!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010