Are you happy for someone when they have a baby even if they should have never had the baby in the first place?

My cousin just had her 3rd baby in 4 years with her on again off again druggie boyfriend. My mom can't understand why I'm not happy. Maybe it's bc I would love to have another baby but I'm single and not a whore? Why should I be happy simply bc a baby exists? We're not even close. I haven't seen her in like 10 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I fake it and say a private prayer.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Is she a good mom? I wouldn't be happy for the baby--LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think it would depend on the situation, My brother inlaw is having a baby with a girl I completely dont like (and neither does most of our family) and neither one really has their lives together, in trouble, no jobs, young. But I am hoping it will finally straighten him up and force him to get his life together, I am sure he will be a good dad! And we are excited to have a new niece or nephew, since it is not the right time for us to have a baby even though we want one we enjoy having our nieces and nephews over.

I can understand where your coming from though, It is very upsetting to see people having children that cant take care of themselves and the children they already have! I dont think it is right at all!
    Anonymous

• I congratulate anyone who has just had a baby regardless of what I think of them. It's polite, and its not the child's fault so there's no reason to not be happy they are here. What I think to myself may not be as nice as what I say.. but I'll at least tell them congratulations. Enduring pregnancy and childbirth regardless of whether you 'should have' is commendable enough.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My cousin is in the same boat.2nd child on the way,already has a 1 yr old who was taken away for neglect.Everyone is crazy happy,but I'm disgusted.Neither she nor the bf has a job,or intends to get one,is on pa,and living at home.Everyone backs her decisions and its just sick.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I am happy for anyone who has been blessed this way.

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think you are probably unhappy that the baby exists only because the baby would be better off not existing. Thats not saying you wish it would die but you are sad that the baby has to go through life in this situation. Have you tried talking to her about how you feel?
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong to think that people who are obviously screwed up, on drugs, in trouble or whatever should not have children. At the very least until they have their lives more on track. But once a baby is on the way there is no use thinking they shouldn't be doing this, you know? It becomes a waste of time and energy but I do know where you are coming from. I've had to paste on a smile more than once in that situation and pray that they would be good parents.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2010