Brown discharge in early pregnancy??? Please answer, I'm worried!!

I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago and I was two months along. Now I am 5 weeks pregnant and today I had a small amount of brownish discharge. I haven't had any cramping or anything and it was just a small amount when I wiped, but I am really nervous. Has anyone else had this before and had everything turn out okay? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes i have, and don't worry too much. I have been through 2 miscarriages, and when I was 9 weeks with this one I had really heavy bleeding, went in for an ultrasound and everything was fine.
    I know it is hard not to worry, but even if it is a miscarriage there isn't anything that can be done, it is just frustrating.
    (I waited about 6 months before trying to conceive again.)
    Anonymous

• Brown is just old blood. If there isn't much and it's only when you wipe, it isn't cause for concern. Of course you can always call your doctor if it will make you feel better!
    Anonymous

• That is normal.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would for sure let your doctor know about it. I wouldn't blow it off...he may want to test your progesterone levels just to make sure it is where it should be. I had "no big deal, brown blood" and ended up miscarrying twice. I am not trying to scare you, just sharing my experience! Good luck and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010