when you water breaks...?

when your water brakes does it all come out at once or can it trikle and is it clear just like water or will it be mucusy or bloody or any of that. i am just wondering. did you feel contractions before or no? i am only 34 weeks so i am not going yet i just wanted to know what happend with yall.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had mine broken at hospital for all three. but with #3 I was able to be up and around for a while, it gushed and then just dribbled and trickled out as I moved, contractions, and baby moved around.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had two bags of water and the first broke at home. I got up to pee and my underwear was very wet and then when I finished peeing and stood up, I kept leaking. It was mostly clear, but there may have been a bit of blood. I didn't really inspect it. The midwife broke the second bag at the hospital after doing an ultrasound. She was pretty sure my daughter was head down, but thought it didn't feel quite right, which is because of the second bag. I started having contractions after that first bag broke, but they were not very strong and were probably about 10-15 minutes apart. When she broke the second bag of water, there was way more, definitely more of a gush.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Mine broke on its own both times in the hospital. I was already in active labor when it broke and I did not see what it looked like. Just felt like a huge gush of water!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Mine never broke with any of my first 3 vaginal births. The dr always had to break it for me - my first I was 8 cm and it still had not broken! But it came out all at once.

Answer by missanc at 5:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• mine broke at home. i had a big gush, but not all of it came out bc my son's head blocked the opening, so i didn't have any trickling. the rest gushed out after he was delivered. and about covered everyone. lol
    it should be clear. any other color needs to be checked out.
    also for some women, their water never breaks and the baby is born in "caul". it's a rare thing that happens anymore and very special. it's considered good luck.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 6:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• my water broke before labor began. i was crampy all night before, so i guess that was early labor. when my water broke, a bit came out, then about 10 minutes later a bit more came out. it was mostly clear and totally liquid, not gooey at all. i started getting intense close together contractions within an hour or 2 of that.

most women go into full blown labor before their water breaks but sometimes it does break before. my doula's baby was almost born in caul. the bag broke right before the last push. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2010