So sad my son went to go live with his dad! Just Venting

My DS 16 decided to go live his dad because he did not like our rules. And they are so tough, get up in the morning go to school, get decent grades and do a few chores around the house. He does not like getting up in the morning and convinced his dad to let him home school. I would not agree to home schooling for many reasons and stuck to my guns and well.... There you have it his dad wont back me up and is letting him home school. I am so sad but I would not allow him to do it. I spoke to an attorney and he said I would not win in court due to DS age so....Was I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i think you were completely right. My mom went through a similar situation with both my sisters. Oldest one wanted to have sex with her bf at 16 (he was older) and my mother said no of course, she through huge fits, ran away, told the police that my mom beat her(which was a lie). Situation was the same minus the sex with my younger sis. Im not saying that my mother was a great/perfect parent but me and my older brothers turned out fine, one college grad and me and my bro are in college right now.

The only true difference was we didn't have our father to run to when we didn't like my mom's rules.

Let him make his own mistakes and deal with the consequences, eventually he will grow up and realize that you were right and were only looking out for what was best for him.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I can totally relate. My daughter left at 16 because she had to go to school, get decent grades and clean her room once a week. It was a horrible life....NOT! I realized after many years of crying and being upset that your child will find out soon enough that the world doesn't owe them a living. My daughter moved back in, then out, then in, then finally I set a strong boundary and told her I can't have her use me or hurt me any longer. She's 23 now and lives with her boyfriend, something I'm not thrilled about but I suppose it could be much worse. She manipulated me, my ex, my husband, my other children, her grandmother, to pretty much have things her way. It broke my heart in two because I always felt I raised her with love, values, morals and she was acting so differently than I expected her to act. The only thing you can do is pray for your son, ask God to always be with him and put him in God's hands and to watch over him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I let my son go live with his dad. He realized dad was a jerk and came back! lol Just hang in there. It might work out. He has to learn the easy way out isn't always the best way.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• try to relax just let him live with the consequenses of his actions. Hopefully, his dad will have his own set of rules waiting for him.
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• He'll b back...my son did this twice
    Anonymous