at what age did you first let grandma babysit your baby?

hillma

Asked by hillma at 4:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 weeks old. My Mom was in town we live 20hours away. So when she was here we went out for dinner and a movie.
    Anonymous

• early a month or even earlier we even let him stay the night
    suckedintolife

Answer by suckedintolife at 4:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• 6 or 7 months. I am too paranoid about SIDS and things like that to have my young baby away from me at night. Plus grandparents tend to sleep harder than we do so if there is a problem they might miss it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• around 6 weeks, but my mother stayed with my for 2-3 weeks after his birth to help me..i had a c-section. Thank god for her too, i had babysat babies but it is soo different from being an actual parent. lol

at 6 weeks i went back to school and my mother babysat for me.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My mother flew out when my daughter was around 3 weeks old and stayed for 2 weeks. While she was here she babysat one night for about 3 hours while we went out to dinner.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Um, 3 days old. I got home from the hospital and felt good - my ex and I ran up to Penney's to shop for a few new things (before birth we didn't know if he was a boy/girl, so we wanted a few boy things). He didn't stay overnight at their house until he was around 8 months old, but that's because I was bfeeding.

Answer by missanc at 5:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010