I was "unfriended" in favor of my ex husband! Should I be upset?

A friend that my ex and I had several yrs ago, “unfriended” me when he befriended my ex husband on FB. I know that my ex tells people that I am the one who cheated- but I never did. He did. I found out he tells people that from the woman he cheated on his current wife (his affair on me) with ...irony.

He told her I cheated on him and that's why he can't trust anyone. I know it seems ridiculous, and I try to let most of his BS go, but what, if anything can I do about this? I feel like I need revenge-lol. I don't want the people he talks to, especially old friends, to have a bad opinion of me, but I don't think it is appropriate to badmouth him in return. What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• The friends and people that matter will know the truth. Forget about the others. Be happy and live your life in the present.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Let it go.
    Anonymous

• Do you really want a friend that is going to buy into his BS? Most likely not so I say that it was a lesson in who your true friends are, now you know. If you let it bother you they win, so say f*ck it and move on. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• just take the higher road, correct ppl if they ask you but beyond that just ignore it.

I occasionally run into past mutual friends of my ex and I do correct them if they ask me but don't think much of it anymore. I had an old friend that my ex met through me, that i saw recently who apologized for not saying hello when he saw my around town(i never noticed him i guess lol) because my ex told him we were still dating and he had thrown my ex out of his house for some behavior. lol i laughed it off, and just told him that we hadn't been together for a year or so when the ex was telling him that.

My motto for dealing with a bad mouthing ex is.....ignore, ignore, ignore. lol good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Well, think of it this way. If they are going to believe him without taking the time to hear your side, do you want them around anyway? If they were really your friends, then they wouldn't let other people's opinions of you cloud their judgment.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If they are so low they would believe him without speaking to you good riddance. My ex did that to me told everyone I was cheating and he was the wronged spouse. Some people bought it bull real friends knew I was home everyday with our 5 kids and was a good wife. He was the cheater married to one of the other women now. They tell everyone they started dating after we seperated. I have emails, letters and photos that show they were cheating for a year. I let it go I have full custody of our children he gets supervised visitation and that is ending since he has not shown up a few times. He pays his support only because he is in the military otherwise he is useless and anyone that is his friend is not a good person.
    Anonymous