Need ideas for portraits for a 3 year old boy.

I don't have my own studio. What I do have is a Canon Rebel Xt and a tripod. I take all his portraits. I always have. But, I am running out of ideas. I don't know what to do with him and it's frustrating me. I feel as if I'm limited because I don't have a studio. It isn't like my house is that great for taking pictures, so that leaves me with outside. Any ideas from other photographers out there? I could use some.

CaptivatedByGod

Asked by CaptivatedByGod at 4:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There are some awesome photography groups on cafemom and the people there are brilliant!!! I'm sure you could get TONS of ideas! I'm not very good with those sorts of things...I just take pictures as a hobby.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 2:06 AM on Jan. 9, 2010

• There are so many ideas. Make up a bed with lots of fluffy blankets and pillows, have lots of natural light in the room and take photos of him peeking out from the pillows, bouncing on the bed, etc. In the kitchen, give you son some pots and pans and let him pretend that he is cooking. Weather permitting, take your son to a park and take photos of him playing on the equipment. I recently did this with a friends three daughters and captured some amazing shots while the kids were having fun.
    Posed studio shots don't hold a candle to the wonderful shots you can capture of your kids having fun.
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 10:30 AM on Jan. 12, 2010