Contraceptive non believer??

I mentioned to an aunt of mine i had gotten and IUD and she flipped! she's "very religious" and told me i should go to hell and that god was gonna punish me! WTF..huh?? i thought "religious ppl" were supposed to be nice..lol..anywho..why should I go to hell im a good person i do good..and i use contraceptives to better my life and my fams(i have 3 girls really close together and kinda wanna wait a while to have another..maybe.. lol) what's your take? protect yourself..or go all out ..whatever god gives you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I take birth control, and am religious. I believe that if I didn't I would have like 20 kids! LOL. But really, God could still give you a child while on birth control. At least you are not on welfare with 10 kids milking the system! You are not going to hell.
    Anonymous

• I believe that if God didn't want us to protect ourselves then BC would never have come into existence. We live in a very overpopulated world if nobody used BC we would use all of the Earth's resources in less than 100 years. Also religious people should know very well that they do not have to right or ability to condemn anybody to hell that is only the decision of God. You should tell her that. It is said that to condemn one to hell is to condemn yourself.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I dont believe in them because well there toxic Lol. yes im weird but oh well. I dont think a woman should use them because it can make them over weight, break outs and a bunch of other stuff. It also says it can cause cancer and to becareful on all side effects on any Birth control method. My mom had breast cancer so i worry about everything. Im pretty much into being organic and using only herbal safe remedies and herbs to take care of my self and my kids. So even though i am not a christian and no your not going to hell either lol. Im married and i have two kids and one more on the way. I still wouldnt use a condom if i didnt want more kids. i never gotten pregnant with out planing on it. Plus dh and i hate condoms
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Sounds like your aunt has no boundaries or respect for anyone else's choices. Seriously, ignore her if you are not religious. We have a big enough population in this world.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think it's funny that you think religious people are supposed to be nice. Nobody is perfect. Sometimes everybody says something they really shouldn't say. I take birth control and I am Catholic and a lot of people around me think I'm not as good a Catholic as they are. I really don't care and you shouldn't either, because taking birth control is a PRIVATE MATTER that only affects you, your SO and your kids.
    Anonymous

• So true i wont lie BC scares the shit outta me but i dont wanna have a butt load of kids i have 3 and everyone in my fam has 6+ ahhh no thanx.Im somewhat religious..i beleive that if you do good and are generally a good person then you're good...so i think im in the safe..i hope i wont be burning anytime soon lmao
    Anonymous

• there are many way to avoid becoming pregnant. contraceptives are one of them. its shouldn't be a religious choice to use or not use contraceptives. yes, some religions frown upon their use, and prefer to fully rely on God. personally, as an intelligent xtian, i prefer to think that the brain i believe God gave me is capable of making decisions as to how many children i have, if i have any. (this isn't meant to say i'm pro-abortion..abortion isn't a means of birth-control, IMO.)
    you do what's best for you and your family, momma. the rest will take care of itself.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm religious, i dont use birth control pills because i'm scared of them and i dont like to put anything inside of me like iud or the female condom. The only thing we use all the time are condoms.
    Anonymous

• While my conscience isn't troubled by birth control per se, I'd not personally use an IUD as with most you can still conceive but the baby can't implant. In my mind I'd potentially be culpable in aborting a baby.

I'm sorry you were spoken to in such an unkind, unhelpful, antagonistic and unChristian way :(
    JWMum

Answer by JWMum at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I believe that is a Catholic thing.. is your aunt catholic?
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010