Census form offends black people by using term "Negro"

After Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson did all that whining and moaning for MORE MONEY to get the census out to "hard to find black people", now black people are upset about the wording on the census.

Isn't "Negro" Spanish for "black"? That's what happens when we don't speak English in America anymore!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3986/forums/read/10561264/The_word_Negro_on_2010_census_form_offends_some_blacks?next=11#replies

Also, I am IN SHOCK after reading some of the "mom" responses...no WONDER why this world is so crazy!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Just something else for them to B*t*h about!
    Anonymous

• "To be fair, maybe I should cross off caucasion and write in HONKEY or WHITEY"

seriously? Are we REALLY grown adults on CAFEMOM???? I can't believe I just read that.
    Anonymous

• "So in protest, I will CROSS off Caucasion and put myself down as WHitey"

throwing up

Anonymous

• Thats fine! It wouldn't offend me, I could care less what people think. I don't B*T*H about things like that. Find something worth reading. You don't hear white people getting upset about things like that, its always the other way around!
    Anonymous

• laughingI prefer Cracker!

Anonymous

• Is red-neck and option?
    Anonymous

• To the anon OP,

I posted something about this last month. It was a story about the black community seeking more funding through increased numbers in the census. Honestly, the more separated and derogatory the census is, probably, the more money some communities will get.

Read More in my post:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/346286/Black_community_wants_to_improve_headcount_and_say_We_want_what_is_ours
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It is actually not very funny when you think about the money being tossed out to only certain people - and it has been proven that the money ends up being wasted.

Government can throw money into ghettos all day long - but until the community actually does something about it - nothing will change!!!

As far as rednecks? Hell yeah! put it on the census! maybe poor farmers that work hard for peanuts will get some aid! Then, just maybe our crops will get help, and ultimately lower our costs for better, fresher, USA-made food!!! Ya know? Support your local grocers? I guess that would make too much sense...lets keep being wasteful and unproductive and bailing out crooks, banks, etc...
    Anonymous

• "As far as rednecks? Hell yeah! put it on the census! maybe poor farmers that work hard for peanuts will get some aid! Then, just maybe our crops will get help, and ultimately lower our costs for better, fresher, USA-made food!!! Ya know? Support your local grocers? I guess that would make too much sense...lets keep being wasteful and unproductive and bailing out crooks, banks, etc..."

clapping

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010