calling all health-food gurus!

I'm looking for some healthy eaters to give me some healthy meal ideas! I suffered from a severe eating disorder from age 13 to age 17 and when I got pregnant I had to force myself to start eating better. My daughter is now 3 months old and I'm starting to struggle with my weight. I'd like to lose 15 pounds but I want to do it the right way this time.

soo...

does anyone have recipes/tips/advice to healthy eating??

nessani28

Asked by nessani28 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Switch from white grains (white rice, white bread) to whole grains. They're more filling and much more nutritious. The only whole grain ingredient that I've found just doesn't work is whole wheat fettuccini. The whole wheat overpowers the delicate alfredo sauce, but whole wheat noodles are wonderful in everything else. Substitute fruit and veggies for any junk snacks that you eat, this will cut your calorie consumption by tons! Lean protein only (chicken, turkey, lean beef & pork). Make sure that you use portion control and don't go overboard. Eat smaller, more frequent meals, since when you feel super hungry you're much more likely to reach for junk and to overindulge. Add a regular exercise routine to your day, and remember that healthy weight loss is slow! Give yourself some time, and make sure to stay within your healthy weight range.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Send me a message offlist if you would like some meal idea.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• 40cal. bread or wasa toast instead of ur old bread
    only bake broil or grill your meats.
    only use real cheddar cheese or swiss
    i am using the metobolic reserch center program, costs me quite a few pretty pennies, message me and i will send u the diet plan:) here is what days 1-4 meals are
    BREAKFAST: 40 calorie toast/ 1/2 a small orange/ 1oz of hard cheese (hard cheese is a cheese that u cant fold without it breaking like cheddar or swiss)
    LUNCH: 8oz of leafy salad w/ 2oz cheese or cottage cheese
    you can have a 100 calorie snack after lunch and after dinner.
    DINNER: 4oz white meat chicken, turkey, or white fish/ i slice of 40cal. bread / 4oz salad

after each meal u need to drink a protein water and b4 each meal u need to take 3 flax seed oil pills
    since i started this i have lost 3-5lbs a week and this is only a plan 4 days 1-4 it gets better after the 2nd plan.
    message me if u want it:)
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 5:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• here are tons of recipes that use real food. If you eat real food, no cans, no boxes, then you'll do great.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• two words...

CLEAN EATING.

its easy (I'm the biggest cookie junkie alive lol), and really good food.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:28 PM on Jan. 8, 2010