For those of you who have decided you do not want anymore children...

does it ever make you sad when you see pregnant photos that you will never experience that again? Does that mean I'm not ready to stop having children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't want anymore. but I am NOT getting my tubes tied either. I am on the pill and if it happens then it is meant to be.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Maybe a little. But reality sets in VERY quickly. I have 3 children that is what we can afford, house, pay for colleges, and still have a retirement at a decent age. I have time (barely) enough to get everyone to their sports, music, friends, etc. We can get homework done and vacation a couple times a year.

One more child, might not allow all that.

I seriously question people who have baby after baby after baby saying - oh it will take care of itself all we need is love - bs!
    Anonymous

• Oh I have pregnancy envy all the time! I had my tubes tied with my C-section ( I am 43! so it was a good idea NOT to have anymore babies)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Two is good for me, I am not closed about adopting though, as physically, no, had two rough ones.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm not sad that I won't ever be pregnant again. No matter how much I liked feeling the baby move.
    I'm not sad I won't be having a newborn in the house after my daughter gets older.

I'm happy that my daughter is the last one. I have things I want to do, places I want to go, and I enjoy feeling like me. Instead of a fat whale with a wiggly belly. So no, I'm not sad that I am done..

If you're questioning whether you're done then stay on BC. Maybe in the future you might feel like one more is the right thing. You may not. Don't close off your options until you're 100% sure.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• absolutely not! I had my 2 and KNEW I was done!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• No,when I see a preggo women I think how glad I'am it's not me!! lol I have a boy/girl & I'm done.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I "knew" I was done having babies after my ex tried to kill me while I was pregnant... I had a tubal, and it likely saved my life- men are so much more violent when a woman is pregnant (statistically speaking). I regret it sometimes though, and I knew I would when I had it done. such is life... I don;t need a baby, just a puppy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• For the longest time, it didn't bother me. I would look, say "awww..." and think how sweet it was, and then move on. I loved (my kids are 8 & 6) being able to hold the cute little babies and then give them back to Mommy when they cried or filled a diaper. But....lately, yeah, I do get a little envious. I'm not sure how it started really. I guess I just met the right guy who convinced me that some men can be decent men and would make good fathers, and now it makes me kind of want one. I had my tubes tied, so kind of not gonna happen, unless I get a reversal done, which I might. I'm considering the idea, anyway.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have 5 kids and am pregnant with number 6. I was going to have a tubal after the 5th one, but procrastinated it, so yeah. After this one I'm done and having a tubal. Pills are not a guarantee for me. I have 3 kids that were born on pills. They are not 100% effective. I don't think I'll feel bad though. I'm happy with the ones I have.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010