Does anyone have a friend that they have to "walk on eggshells" when dealing with them?

I have gotten really close with My DH's best friend's wife. But at times, EVERYBODY seems to walk on eggshells around her. We all love her DH very much, he is awesome & is a very good friend to my DH & has been since highschool. But, his wife...who i got really close with....is kind of being a bitch. I feel like i cannot be truely honest to her about how i feel....well, because i'm scared of her...lol! We get along GREAT, but she does not get along with all of the friends in our group (wonder why). I dont want to drop her, as she is wonderful to me & my family. But i am sick of her talking shit about people i care about. I just sent her an email & i had to edit it like 1,000 times in fear that i might ruffle the drama queen's feathers. I told her that it hurts my feelings when she talks badly about my friends. Although, now i am worried that the drama is right around the corner.

How do you deal with people like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't deal with them. I am not going to be friends with someone I have to walk on egg shells around. Not worth the effort and they are not that great if they act that way. Even if her husband is a great guy still not worth it if she is that mean and rude.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon.. I dont.. I dont allow people like that to be part of my life.. since DH is friends with her husband, if i had to be around her, i would just choose to talk to other people in the room and avoid her.. if i couldnt i would just flat out tell her she is a drama queen and you dont need, or want, that in your life.
    Some people are so miserable!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If someone were to start talking badly about my friends, then I would ask them to appreciate that I am friends with them and to keep their oppinions to themselves. If they continued to talk badly then I would drop them. Though be warned, people who are drama tend to not like being let down as friends. I've even been threatened by one woman (who was 10yrs older than me) who said she would beat my ass till I was on a ventilator. All I told her was that I was good on her friendship. I hadn't known her for more than a few months and we were NOT close by any means. She had constant drama in her life (which she caused) and in one instance she had seeped her drama into our life so we dropped her fast. We live a drama free life and we will not associate with others who bring it into our life.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• you know...my sister apparently thinks her ex's wife is her best friend, so she goes on and on talking crap about ME...my own sis told her that i slept with some guy and how stupid my husband is not to see it. ummm how do i know this? the wife showed us the text my sis was saying about ME!!! how good of a friend is my sis and how good of a friend is that wife?? two timing bitches. really. but thats why i gotta walk on eggshells around my sis. she wont talk crap about anyone to me but will to the wife??? WOW!! if only my sis knew.....
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If you want to remain friends with her I guess just keep it short with her and when she talks about people just change the subject. Or maybe you can have your husband talk to her husband. Good luck.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i guess i would tone it down ALOT...this girl your interacting with isnt worth it. just talk when asked and she will get why you dont talk around her...and eventually dont be close to her.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I am a person who does not care about the drama if she is being rude by talking bad about someone i will say hey stop being mean. and i dont care if she hates me after but truth hurts and its reality
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• While I don't think you should do or say things just to annoy her, I also don't think you should tiptoe around her. By doing that, you are only helping to make her more self-seeking. I would just be myself, and if she gets mad and walks away, I would let her go without chasing after her. There's an old saying that if one person has to do all the work to maintain a friendship, then it's time to let it go.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Honestly? I cut them out of my life. I don't have time for the drama, they can take it somewhere else. If it's someone that I have to deal with (people that work for my husband), I keep it polite, and don't go out of my way to engage them in conversation.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• See how things go after the e-mail. If you are her friend give her a chance. That's the problem today everyone makes everything and everyone else easily dispenceable!!!
    Anonymous