HPV and cervical cancer.

How many of you know someone who had/has it or has it yourself? Im just doing some research. About 8 out of 10 of my friends had HPV at one point. Scary, huh?

Im very interested in this research, and hope for some scientific answers in the media soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Health

• well if they HAD it then they still have it.. its not at one point.. that means 8 out of 10 of your friends still HAVE hpv.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What i mean is.. It NEVER goes away.. once you have it, you have it forever..
    I know one girl who has it.. thats all.. at least thats the only one i know who will admit it.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Well my story should be interesting to you. My husband has it but I dont. I was checked 5 times since we've gotten back together. (Before we got married) Negative. I know it can come out later but as of now I don't have it.
    Anonymous

• Genital wart are there forever, but the cancerous kinds can be suppressed out of the body naturally. I had high-grade displasia(precancer) had the cells cut out, now I DO NOT HAVE IT. Its only forever if its low-grade displasia (genetal warts) Just for clarity there are over 100 kinds of HPV. Some are worse than others.
    Anonymous