House cleaning - has this ever happened to you?

This has happened once before - hate it and scares me.

I have been cleaning all morning using a variety of cleaning products and now Im having a heck of a time breathing. Maybe I should open a window or two when I do this.

Ick.

Ever happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• depending on the combination of products, you are most likely making chlorine gas, which is poisonous. Open a window or get those little masks from the building/painting supplies section of walmart
    Anonymous

• only when i was a kid and used a huge variety of cleaning products, not i use a steam mop for my floors and pretty much just spic and span for the rest, it is less toxic then others, and has a realitively low chance of someone getting an irritation from it..i've worked in resturants where we used it all the time and it works great for almost anything.

Open a window and maybe use a fan to keep area well ventilated.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yes when I first moved in my house. I was using Clorox clean up. I like Lysol products because they kill germs without bleach.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• BridgetC thanks.... but I need to know what to do now.
    Anonymous

• It must be from the fumes these cleaning products give off. Ever thing of using vinegar and baking soda---a thought for me too.
    Unfortunately this happens to me all the time and I find as I am getting older it is getting worse. So as bad as this sounds I try to avoid cleaning. It was so bad last time I cleaned the bathroom that I was considering going to the doctor to see what this is all about. I think it took me a week to start feeling better, needless to say I haven't cleaned the bathroom since and I have got to do it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Ok...op here... I decided to call poison control.
    Got the warning signs so I know if/when to go to the er.

Dang, if I could at least have a little reaction maybe I could talk hubby into hiring a house keeper.
    Anonymous