I made a schedule for my helper at work & lets face it if she can just stand around she will & then ask when it's break time

she only works from 7:15-1:15 & so I asked the secretary to read it & tell me what she thought about it she suggested I email it to my boss and now my boss wants my schedule when everyone is in agreement that I out work her. How would you take this? She will stand around after we get done with 1 job waiting for the next to come in while I am out there busting my butt she won't help put away any stock, clean just wants to stand. I figured it out she is standing doing nothing for 55 minutes out of the day. I'm the boss and she is getting away with things just cuz she smokes she gets 30 minutes for that plus the other 25 she just stands around. Am I being petty or am I being taken avantage of?
Thanks for your Honest answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• You asked your assistant to follow a schedule and now you boss wants to see a schedule for you? Did I understand that correctly? If I did understand it, it seems reasonable.
    Anonymous

• if youre the boss then put a stop to it
    Anonymous

• Yes you understood that correctly do you think maybe she just wants to see why I am asking my assistant to follow a schedule as to what all I am doing compared to her. I was a little taken back by her request for my schedule but I emailed it to her anyway. I am the boss of my helper but not the boss overall. Just 1 person.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah op here: I forgot to mention I go to work at 6:10 in the morning but don't clock in until about 6:30 and I get off a little before 2 everyday. So I work 7.5 hours a day and I only get maybe 25 minutes a day of a break a day copared to her 55 minutes
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately smoke breaks are usually alotted...so there isnt much i think will get done about that....and seeing your schedule makes sense to compare, it ensures that you are busy and not just passing the work on leaving yourself with nothing to do. If there continues to be a problem maybe you should ask your boss for a new helping hand!!! I would think keeping someone employed that isnt working!!!
    Anonymous