I NEED SLEEP NOW!

Its 6 pm..and all i want to do is put my toddler to bed and go to bed myself. I had class all day..its cold and im miserable. He's had dinner..had his bath and i am just ready..

would it be so bad to put him to sleep now?? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What I do with my toddler if I really am so exhausted that I have to rest, is I put him in his crib with some toys. Most of the time he is content to just play so I can rest, even if it's just for a half hour or so to get enough energy to finish the rest of the day. It don't throw him off his bed time routine because he don't sleep, but he is in a safe place if I lay down.
    table4eight

Answer by table4eight at 8:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• well, if he's not tired and will fight the whole time and if he's routine child and it affects the rest of the next couple days, then yes.. I've been there though, I know how you are feeling, give him a bath.. that usually takes up 45 minutes of time with my son where he's content and I can relax next to the tub and just watch him.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You can't put a toddler to sleep that isn't tired. If you are nursing you may be able to get a toddler to fall asleep by nursing, but of course you would know that.

I would go to the most childproof room and lay in there with him playing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010