1 yr old still not sleeping through the night...

My dd just turned 1 but she is still not sleeping through the night HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't really know what to say my daughter now 4.5 years old woulsn't sleep through the night until she was 18 months old. She new how to cause she did before she just wouldn't so I would put a CD player in her room and put some soft music and it helped a lot. Although now she wont go to sleep for me I fight her everynight until about 11 or even sometimes midnight. My youngest will be 2 Monday and her on the other hand has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old no problems I don't know some kids are just diffrent I guess lol. If she is taking long naps that might have some to do with it too.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It's normal for children to wake at night until they are 3. It's a survival mechanism. Throughout time until that age they would be nursing and sleeping with mom. It is important to wake at night to make sure they are still with mom and not in any danger. If they are they have loud irritating cries to get mom to come find them. Just because your baby has a crib her brain doesn't know she isn't nursing and sleeping with you and that there isn't worry about animal preditors.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• how many times is she waking? Is she still on a bottle? What does she seem to want? my son STILL goes through spurts of not sleeping, in fact he got a flu virus 3 weeks ago and since then has been waking anywhere from 1-3 times a night just for extra comfort?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i find that my little one has to have 2naps during the day or she will wake up at night. even if her last nap is 530 or 6pm at leats an hour and she is fine. she goes to bed between 10 and 11 and wakes up between 820 930am
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2010