Do you really need steak while on food stamp.

If you can not afford steak on your own; just eat noddle and rice it is cheap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YES, everyone should have a treat once in a while. And no I am not on food stamps, never have been.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have never had steak to expensive. I really couldnt careless. I do think though that a food prep class should be manditory also a shopping class so that they can make it worth the while.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• So ppl on Food Stamps dont get to have meat then according to you? They reason they are on food stamps is because they can't afford food! duh! And sometimes steak is on sale. I see it for $2.99 a lb. which is just as cheap as hamburger that is NOT on sale! I guess we should just let people on food stamps starve to death so they dont waste our precious tax dollars eh? (and in case your assuming, no I am not on food stamps!)
    Anonymous

• if the poster only had a brain who the hell cares I mean do we care you sound stupid and arrogant with a question like that. Grow up.
    Anonymous

• Do you really need to be nosing into other people's carts and wallets?
    Anonymous

• I agree 100% that it should be manditory that FS recievers take some form of food prep class or something in that order.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 6:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Noodles and rice...a nice healthy carb-oriented diet.

Especially for the kiddies.

After all, they don't need protein, do they?

Answer by gdiamante at 6:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• im on food stamps and no i do not think it is right steak is a treat if you get steak then you don't need to be on food stamps
    Anonymous

• Oh my gosh, here we go again on everyone wanting to tell all us "Poor folks" what we can and cannot buy with our assistance. How lovely.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Of course you should be able to get steak. If you can get candy, sugar, white flour, and many other bad things you should be able to get a healthy food like steak. It isn't always expensive and it may be used in place of hamburger for people that can't eat that high of fat of meat for things like tacos and chili. Steak goes on sale and costs less than hamburger at times depending on where you shop.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2010