What would you do?

My DH and I split up a few months ago. He did a paternity test on our child and found out it wasn't his. We still talk somewhat occasionally. I told him about how I became pregnant I WAS raped at a club by a so called friend, but I also had sex (consenual) with someone else. DH and I were split up and I wanted to get back at him. Well I recently ran into that other person and he thinks that the child might be his too. I'm not really sure what to do. I'm torn. I want to know who fathered my child but if it's not this other guy it was a rapist and I'm not sure I'm ready to face that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd go on maury
    Anonymous

• Haha @ going on Maury... Not a bad idea. Well, I'd imagine the guy who wants to know could insist on a paternity test, no? Either way though, I think it's better to know. It's ALWAYS better to know.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Test the man. he has a right to know if its his child, and the child has a right to know if thats his father.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I agree. Id want to know and your child will someday deserve to know as does the father. Im not bashing or judging you, but if it is the rapist's child, thats something that you will have to face and deal with. As for Maury... well Im sure you COULD get on the show but why on earth would you want to???
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• As for being raped, I've been there before, so I wouldn't dare say something about it. I was also in a relationship when I was raped. I also became pregnant and didn't know whose it was. The rapist was my EX-husband after I had already divorced him. It was NOT consensual by far. He beat me really bad and raped me. Anyways, when I was pregnant, I did not know who was the father of my baby. I had sex with my boyfriend the same week that my EX raped me. I told both of them that there was a question to who was the father. My boyfriend was excited and hoping it was his. My EX told me he didn't want "it" and that "it" wasn't his. Well, when my daughter was born, is was easy to figure out who she came from (I am white. My boyfriend was black. My EX-husband was white. MY daughter was WHITE, therefore, she was fathered by my EX-husband.) Finding out my EX was the father devastated me, but I LOVE my daughter!
    Anonymous

• Even though you were raped wont make you love your child any less. This man deserves know this child and if there is a possibility that it is his, then he needs to opportunity to be a father to the child.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2010