Bridal Shower Gift.

My cousin is getting married to his long time gf. He's a med student, so is she, both really down to earth people but I looked at their registry and its absolutely ridiculous. It's like they chose the most expensive thing of what they wanted. For example they have Paula Dean and Martha Stewart pots and pans that are $100+ each piece. Really, you can get a quality set for of 5 or 6 for $100 bucks. And the reasonable price stuff is beyond stupid.

My question is what are good, not-on-registry gifts and/or things you wish you had put on your registry but didn't?

Under $40 please.

viridian

Asked by viridian at 6:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A food processer. I ended up buying myself one for $35 and it works great. I know this sounds cheesy but I always love getting towels.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Instead of getting them something they either won't use or will return, I thin you're better off getting them a gift card for the store they are registered. Then they can put it towards whatever they didn't get off their registry.

OR, see if you can get something that will coordinate with their china or cookware--like a pretty tablecloth/linens, kitchen gadget like salt and pepper grinders, fancy baking pans, a creme brulee set, etc....from places like Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel or Williams Sonoma.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• towels. no matter how many i have, i love to rotate. you can also have them personalized at a store for around 12 bucks. per set (towel, hand towel, wash cloth)
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• another option is to go in with a sibling or another cousin and split the cost of a more expensive item on their registry that way you get something they want and both people chipping in don't go over what they can afford
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Gift Card! Best option if you don't like the registry. I am also a fan of splitting costs!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 7:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010