I feel bad about not being able to contribute as much while being pregnant.

My and partner are both young (22 and 24). He is a full time relationship banker and recently picked up another job part time as a tax consultant. We are doing fine financially but he needs help because we live in an expensive city and will need the extra income when the baby comes. I used to work as a personal trainer and had to leave my job because of the physical demands. I am a full time student and am tired so much that a new job seems impossible. I am currently looking for a position that requires the least amount of physical activity. For now I try to do the best I can around the house until I get a new job. Every morning I make him breakfast and dinner, keep the house clean, etc. I feel bad because I know he needs me financially. What should I do.

OrganicMomnDad

Asked by OrganicMomnDad at 6:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• since you were a personal trainer before getting preg which congrats on by the way...you could go back to the gym u worked at or find another one and see if you can do a low impact something or other for preg woman....we have one class at the college but the lady who does it has never been preg so really doesnt get the whole idea of preg exercise.....just an idea...
    dont feel bad for not helping out, sounds like u have a wonderful partner who understands, but in your 2nd trimester your energy levels will come back up then in the 3rd it will come down a gain.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:15 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Unless you want to go back to work after the baby is born, the two of you may want to consider moving somewhere that you can afford to live on one income.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• How far along are you?

Honestly, if you were a physical trainer I would assume you are in good shape so I am a little perplexed why you seem unable to do normal things. I am in my 39th week, have a 5 year old, 3 year old, and almost 2 year old all at home and I do no less now than I did when I wasn't pregnant. I scrubbed my kitchen floors on my hands and knees yesterday.

Why did you have to quit your job. I know women who continued jobs as physical trainers through pregnancy.

There has to be more going on here. Pregnancy isn't an illness or disease. Are you having some other complications?
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• This is my first child. I am extremely tired all of the time and physical training became too much. I am 3 months along. It's nice that you were able to do all of those things, but every woman is different, please respect that.
    OrganicMomnDad

Answer by OrganicMomnDad at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I do respect that and I was extremely tired at the beginning of my pregnancies with all of my children as well as problems with hypoglycemia. It doesn't stay that way though. The first trimester is the hardest and you will be surprised the amount of energy you end up with as the pregnancy progresses. If you find that you still have extreme fatique problems I would check into iron, Vitamin D levels and other potential causes.

I am trying to help. Every woman is very tired in the first trimester.
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 8, 2010