How do I know?

How do I know it's not Satan talking to me and that it's God. How do I know that I am not pushing what God says aside and going for what I want instead? I read the bible different from what I was taught. But this is me alone...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "The Bible will tell you if what you are hearing is in line with God or not."

^^The Holy Spirit will never contradict the Bible. But are you a born again believer? Have you ever prayed and asked God to be your Lord and Savior, to forgive you of your sins, and give you His Holy Spirit. Because you need to do that first!!! Then you need to get a Bible and study, study, study it. The Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth!!! A good radio station that I listen to is KWVE. They have Bible studies all day and they have a radio program you can call in and ask Bible questions to. It is at 3pm PST. You can listen online (I have it on in my house all day because I love to hear the Word of God). Here (click on "Listen Live")

Fill yourself with the Bible, the Living Word of God, and the Holy Spirit will show you the truth!!!

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• The Bible will tell you if what you are hearing is in line with God or not.
    Anonymous

• Pray and ask for guidance. If you are sincere in your desire to please Him, He will lead you.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What Cinnamon Mom said... good answer!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• That's a very good question.

Learning to tell when it's the spirit talking to you, and not your own thoughts, or impressions of "deceiving spirits" is probably one of the most important spiritual skills a person can gain...and honestly, like a skill, it takes some practice. There are some basic points that can help:

1) Satan can't impersonate peace...he might be able to look like an angel of light or give powerful impressions, but he can't ever give a feeling of peace.

2) God doesn't give confusion - He gives clarity.

3) Prayer with real intent means you're 100% willing to ACT on the answer whatever it is - sometimes you won't get an answer because you're not really ready to act on it, and you might be left feeling confused until you're ready.

--- all in all if you're ready for an answer, and you get that combo of peace in you're heart and clarity in your mind - you can know that's the spirit of God talking.
    Anonymous

• It is ALWAYS you--no deities or demons involved. The voice inside your head is YOU. Even in the reading of the bible, it is YOU interpreting what it says so that it will coincide with what YOU subconciously want. It is common to all religious people. Thou shalt not kill means one thing to christians and a completely different thing to muslims. No two people see a religious verse or church doctrine the same way.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2010