Anyone else dealing with a teacher from hell?

She won't do anything extra, she says 'it's not her responsibility and not in her job description.'
She gives homework just for the sake of giving the kids more work to do.
She won't give any extra help.
She lies, I called her on it.
She lacks communication skills.
She resembles a sergent. She is referred to as Sergent 101.
She is a yeller, loud mouth she doesn't know how to talk.
Her students don't like her and they mimic her and laugh about it.
Her colleagues back her. Why do professionals sick up for each other? Making them look just as bad.
How do/did you and your child get through this? for an entire year?
Thanks we are about to loose our minds over this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• There is usually a chain of command- do NOT go directly to the school board. Talk to the principal- if you don't get anywhere, talk to the assistent superintendent, then to the superintendent. If you don't follow the procedure the school has set up, they won't take you very seriously. Document document- keep emails, write down phone calls. Just going in and complaining without any evidence will force the professionals to band together. No offense- the opinions of children are never going to be taken as importantly as the opinions of other adults.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• All I can say is some people shouldn't work in their profession, some people aren't cut out to be teachers
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry. I have had to work with teachers like that. I know they are out there. If you child needs any tutoring to get through the English homework, let me know. I'm licensed in my state. I would be happy to help via internet.
    As for the bad teacher, I wish there was something that could be done. It is teachers like that which make the rest of us look bad.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• As a parent you don't have to allow you kid to remain in that class, you can have them switched. You need to file a formal complaint so that she will have a formal evaluation. Bring it up at a school board meeting do what you have to if she is really that bad. I know though too sometimes kids make is sound much worse than it is and those teacher will shut out the parents who come in to complain because it is BS. Make sure that she is that bad first, go sit in her class.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My dd had one of these teachers in second grade just minus the yelling and kids saying things behind her back.
    She coud have been the ruin of my child but I decided not to allow it. Matter a fact,I think we are better for the experience now but what an awful time. Good Luck,You and your child will get through it.
    Anonymous

• There are certainly some teachers that should find another line of work.
    Anonymous

• I feel your pain, Hon. I'm not dealing with the Teacher From Hell, but we have a principal I can't stand! Between me and DH, we refer to her as the Wicked Witch of the East. I'm thinking of giving her a broom at the end of the school year when our son goes from elementary to junior high school.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Dealing with one of those right now. You just have to learn to deal with it and wait out the year. I have taught my son to just do his work and ignore her moods. I told him that he has to learn how to deal with teachers and people he doesn't like because he will come across a lot of people that are less than desirable and that he doesn't like. My son's math teacher told the class the second week of school that she knew who was going to flunk her class and then pointed them out!! She does not answer emails for weeks at a time, she blows smoke up my ass everytime I talk to her and the idiot principal is no better. He thinks he is god because he is the principal. Teachers are not always right. There is only 5 months of school left and he will never have to see the teacher from hell again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I don't like my daughter's teacher either and we have considered pulling her out of school and homeschooling.  Have you talked to parents of other kids in the class?  Do they feel the same way?  Have you talked to the principal?  Good luck with everything.

Anonymous

• There will always be bad teachers and bad bosses. Use this as a life lesson for your child. Help her think of strategies to deal with the teacher: make a calendar to count off the days left in the school year; be the teachers best friend and offer to help in the classroom; etc. good luck!

Your daughter may want to talk to the school counselor, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010