How low is too low when carring a baby?

right now my son is resting under my pubic bone..and the dr knows but said its fine..i dont think its fine..is it normal to carry that low? or could it be dangerous?

Victoria.Ponce

Asked by Victoria.Ponce at 7:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? If it is late in the pregnancy it is normal, it is how they prepare for birth. It might be painful and uncomfortable for you but he is getting ready for his departure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If the dr is ok with it then you should be ok

Answer by admckenzie at 7:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm almost 36 weeks and that's where my daughter is. I've carried her really low the whole time. No little feet in my ribs yet :)
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• That's funny you asked this, I was going to ask the same thing!! I'm almost 37 weeks and in entirely too much pain, i can barely walk! My doctor isn't aware of this as it is just within the last week or so... I think since he went head down, I started with this horrible feeling. And I defintely wasn't in this much pain the first time... But I know what your going through!!
    NickysMomma888

Answer by NickysMomma888 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• There is no danger at all... its totally fine and your baby probably isnt too low at all. Did the doc give you a station that the baby was at? Your pelvic cartiledge can actually separate if the baby is too low for too long and although it hurts like hell, it isnt dangerous
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2010