I'm a 43 year old mom with a 4 year old son who is ADHD and I need health advice about me,I'm a smoker and having frequent stuffy noses until I can't sleep at night.My question is when nasal rinses and Otc medications fail what else can I do 'til I have time to get a complete check-up because I'm suffering big time?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 7:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Try the rinse pot thing they have in the store, or get a humidifier! Nice to see an older mom!! 42 with a just turned 5 year old!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I hate to point out the obvious and sound mean but you need to quit smoking you are endangering your health and the health of your son. Once you quit you will be amazed at the improving of your health.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Quit smoking, that should solve the problem
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I go with newmomma14. Quitting smoking will benefit you and your son. Your breathing will be much easier, your lung capacity will improve and in my experience, you'll have fewer respiratory illnesses and ear infections. I quit 23 years ago when my daughter was a baby and haven't gone near a cigarette since. Good luck,Momma!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• quit smoking

eliminate dairy - dairy is snot producing

switch to the feingold diet, or other clean plan www.feingold.org

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i agree with humidifier, and even if it's cold try to get some fresh air into the house and you too, the dry heat is bad for the sinuses.

trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 10:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I'm confused what does your son having adhd have to do with your stuffy nose?
    Anonymous