do you have any guesses as to why DH is actin like this?

im so hurt and fed up. he is ALWAYS so rude to me and the kids. he never talks to us he talks at us in this almost yellish snappy tone. and he constantly yells at the kids, instead of spending time with them he puts them down for being rambuncious cause they are bored. if the house isnt spotless he nags me. i could be cleaning all day and its not good enough. when i ask him to help "hunny will you please take out trash" he acts like i asked him to the impossible and brings up my faults. when his mom calls no matter what time a day he drops everything for her and she calls for every little thing the lastest was at 3 am to have come over and throw away a microwave..i was like what? then he called me a bitch and said i was raised wrong. but the next day i asked to help with lunch and he called me lazy. the thing that takes the cake tho was he slept on the couch in case his mom called and this morning CONTINUED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i personally would go ok momma's boy thats why you allow your kids to do this is because you should want what you didnt have as a kid
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• this morning instead of coming upstairs to tell me good morning the first thing he does after he goes to the bathroom was call his mom. i blew up and told him if she is more important than me and the kids then he should live with her. she has called every night this past week at 230 am to 4 am cause she needed something, mind you she is a very healthy 56 yr old. i ask him why he treats me and the kids this way his excuse is thats how his mom treated him and he hates it when i let the kids play with the pillows and blankets in the living room cause he mom wouldnt let him do that. he expects them to sit in front of the tv or computer the whole time they are up and expects me to do it all clean cook care for kids...i dont get why he treats us the way he does
    Anonymous

• has he always been this way? Sounds to me like you need to sit down with him and have a heart to heart talk with him!!! I would never let my husband treat me or our daughter that way.... And I wouldnt do that to him.... You need to talk to him and let him know he is hurting you!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 8:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• op here
    i tried talking to him several times and been a few times i ended up in tears, im so frustrated. he calls me a whiny baby or a bitch or he will just say fuck you and walk off the start throwing stuff or slaming stuff around
    Anonymous

• Sounds like the umbilical cord didn't get cut!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• My ex-husband is 49 years old and still tied to his mother's apron strings. Guess why I divorced him. It will never change. There are some men that idolize their mothers.
    I have a friend who lives with a guy that puts his mother before all others too. His mother hates my friend and is constantly trying to stir up trouble. BTW - her boyfriend is 50 years old.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think he should see what being separated from you feels like and then he might start appreciating all the things that you do for him.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• op here i tried separation for 8 months and he whined to everyone how much of a bitch i was cause he never seen the kids but that was not my fault he set up times to see the kids and he could of seen the kids as often as he wanted he just blew them off to sleep or go to bars. a few times i called his cell to see what happened and if he was coming over and his mom answered and said dont call back bitch leave him alone. we decided to take a get away last jan to figure things out and it went ok and he said he try working on stuff but since he moved back in he became more distant. and always texting his mom. he doesnt eat dinner with us on his days off cause he has to call his mom doesnt matter what time dinner is. maybe i was stupid for giving him a second chance but i did it cause when i said i do i meant it.
    Anonymous

• sounds to me like his mom is lonely and is making your husband feel guilty for not visiting or for something. Play his game and call his bluff..Tell him to invite mom over..you should say "why dont you have your mother stay over here for the weekend so you dont have to go out in the middle of the night". He probably wont do it..or if he does he would want to get rid of her real quick...he just doesnt like hearing her nag so he jumps to please her.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• He's an abusive asshole leave him NOW.
    Anonymous