Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know he did something stupid, I just want to know if my worst fear is possible?

No I haven’t seen my son in almost 3 years BUT I have been trying. I have been offering to pay FULL trip even if my ex was the one to fly with him I offered to pay.
When ever I try to get him to agree to it he ignores me for months at a time. I send letters and boxes for every holiday and bday I call all the time (98% of the time they don’t answer or call back)

Now he once got a judge to believe I abandoned my son when I left for a weekend to CA to visit my sick grandfather.
I am worried that he will get his lawyer to do it again and I’m scared he is about to tell me his wife adopted my son.
He has been cutting me off at every turn.
I have been trying. I would had gone back but between work and my daughter and husband I just couldn’t afford to fly there AND hotel.
I just want to know if they could do that?
I really wouldn’t put anything past him he is a liar and a dirt bag. Please no bashing.
Thanks in advance.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Sounds like you need to get a lawyer and go after him for not letting him even talk to your son. Are you supposed to be allowed to talk to or have visitation with you child? If so, then he is violating that and you need to do something about it ASAP. If I were you I would do anything and everything in my power to fight for my ability to see my child. Good luck! I hope it all gets worked out and it's true like the PP said, he can't have his wife adopt your son unless you sign away your parental rights.

    Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • She can't adopt him without you signing away your parental rights.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • I would get the law involved so that you can see your son.

    Answer by lowencope at 8:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • You need to go to family court and get some kind of visitation in writing. And PP is right, she cant adopt him if you havent signed away your rights. If you did sign them away then youre SOL.

    Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • Thanks ladies
    Yes technically we have true full joint coustody ( that is exactly what the papers say)
    The only diff is that it is in OK and I move to NV to get away from my ex. I was just drowning so to speak. I would not be in the good position that I am now if I had stayed near him.
    Since leaving him and OK I have got a job and an apartment a husband and I am no longer on any form of PA.
    Back in OK I was tormented beat up ( not just by him by people who knew him too) and treated like a child. He even belittled me in court. I didnt have a lawyer at the time but I going to make sure that this next time I do have one.
    He does nothing but lie I even had his sister tell me once that the reason she has been lying to others and me is because her brother TOLD her to.
    HE and anyone he knows cant be trusted. At all.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • she cant adopt with out your sighning over rights
    good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2010