would you be mad if a friend of yours?

puts a belt around your toddlers' waist because he is so hyper and wants to run around the mall?? I saw a "couple" in the mall. when the lady whent inside a store, the guy put the belt around the kid's waist so he can follow him close as he walked.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think I would use a belt...but visually I can't see how it would be much different then those child leashes I see parents use.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i wouldn't say using a belt is the right approach but it's similar to the child leases
    TattooedBeauty

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 4:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I wouldn't say that it was appropriate. The only time I ever used a leash on my child was when he and I were flying and I used it in the airport.
    zaksmom8278

Answer by zaksmom8278 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My son is an extremly hyper 27 month old that is autistic. He has no fear, if I did not use a child leash, I would loose hime for sure. I have had strangers say things to me for using them. I think that people should not judge unless they know the whole story. In my case, I use it for my lil one's best interest.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I do not believe in restraining a child with a belt or a leash I think a stroller or just holding there hand would be enough.
    trying2staysane

Answer by trying2staysane at 9:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I would not want a friend of mine to over step there bondaries with my child. I do however believe in the child restraints they have and is very helpful in giving your child a little freedom but not getting away from you. There are some mean people out there and I will do all I can to protect my child from anything bad happening to them. As far as a friend doing it without my consent...yes I would be slightly upset, depending on the situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2008