Has it been a bad winter for you?

It has for us. My car is shot due to the weather and now I have no car. The roads are too bad to even look for cars because once the crews have time to clean up the snow, it gets really bad again. It's either it doesn't snow or it gets REALLY bad. It's been like this since Christmas Eve. How has it been for you?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We didn't have a white Christmas... but it is a bad winter here. But, we are in the snow belt... We already had a foot on the ground and it started snowing this afternoon & isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow night... BLAH!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It started Bad here in 2000! The entire 10 years!! In our immediate Family. We've dealt with Bad Accidents, Near Death, Rape, Sexual Assault, & beating. A Flood. Vechicles totalled and not replaced. Hardships,. problems, Bad luck! Bad health , Serious problems Etc.. My DH has been jobless for one year+ Plus!! Its Terrible!! We can't make our bills, needful things, hardships, Doctors,. 'scripts, medical needs, Bills, Taxes, Repairs that are mandatory Etc... Besides getting kicked out of our church since we couldn't Donate enough Etc... When My Car broke down this year quite a way from home it took 4 1/2 hours before we got Help! Then when I helped push it I tore something! I Live in Constant pain from it! We can't go to a DR. And DH had a injury while cutting down a tree on Nov. 30th! He's still healing & it Hurts yet! Not to mention my 30+ years of endless untreated Migraines! I feel for you! I understand! Hope it gets Better!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• We are having our first significant snow fall as we speak. It has been snowing since early morning and is expected to go on till around 10 a.m. I think we have below average snow fall expected this winter in our area. I can live with that. We did not have much of a summer here, it is usually much much hotter. I hope spring comes early and summer is hot so we can use the pool.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Angellinda, I'm sorry that has all happened to you. I can't believe a church kicked you out because you didn't donate enough. This is why I don't go to church anymore. :-( You'd think a church would understand but instead, a money hungry judgmental organization. Sad.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• we had some snow but its the drifting part thats bad and was ok until today. for some reason the plow didnt plow infront of our house he got rest of the street both sides but instead of clearing the street in front of our house he pushed more snow up in front of our drive way and side walk. my husband had to cut through the yard and go out the neighbors drive to get to work. when he called the city they said its your problem its drifting so wont do any good...im im like so thats a good reason your frickin road crews piled up snow in front of our drive way so we cant get out. so we have about pile of snow thats about 10 ft high that goes out about 4 ft in the street. then last week we had some guy try to kick our door in while we were home and the cops said that they been having a problem with armed home robberies. and my hubby and i are fighting cause of his needy mom
    Anonymous

• Wow anon, that's scary. I hope you guys are alright. For a cop to reply with "they have been having a problem with armed home robberies" is a scary answer.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• We have six feet of snow piled up on both sides of our street. It's been snowing since Christmas. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to -7. I HATE WINTER!
    DarthMom001

Answer by DarthMom001 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2010