HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS HEARTBURN?????

I CONSTANTLY HAVE HEARTBURN AT NIGHT, RARELY IN THE DAYTIME!!!!! ITS MOSTLY EVERY NIGHT TOO! I DONT LIKE EATING TUMS =/ THEY'RE KINDA YUCKY TO ME, AND I HAAAATE MILK!!!!!! ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Milk is not the best cure, honestly I suffer from it Pg or not, LOL! Go get a NON-alcoholic beer like O'Douls and chug it! I know it sounds crazy, but it helps tremendously, while not PG I prefer Bud light, just one, and it usually does the trick,good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• baking soda dissolved in water-- 1 tsp to 4 oz water

aloe vera juice- 3 oz

chamomile tea -- hot or cold

Have you tried the berry TUMS?

milk makes most people's heart burn worse bc it stimulates your stomach to make more acid to break down the milk.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had it bad too, pepcid chewables were a lifesaver. The tums were making me ill, so i asked my doctor and she said it was fine to take them.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• papaya enzyme is amazing! you can get a huge bottle at whole foods

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I like kimigogo's answer :] hahahahh thanks ladies!!!! Yes I tried berry tums, I just dont like the idea of chewing something that taste like CHALK! =/
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had horrible heartburn with both my pregnancies - - The tums were nasty and didn't work well - - I ended up using the Pepcid Complete (chewable) - also nasty tasting, but they worked. Dr. said I could take 2 pills at a time, twice a day.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Ginger products. Ginger ale, ginger snaps, ginger pops etc
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• What worked best for me when I had no pepcid was alkaseltzer for heartburn relief!!!! You could also try ginger ale.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• alkaseltzer is no-no while pregnant, it has asprin in it!

Anonymous

• PS--forgot to tell you---sleep on a big pillow that holds you upright, the O'douls will work, but the reason it happens at Night is because you are laying down, and the acid gets on your esophogous,(HI know I didn't spell that right) look up GURD on the internet, but I am telling you the beer works, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010