pregnant and having a dull pain in left side of pevlic area

I just found out I'm pregnant with my 3ed child and have my first apointment monday. I just started having a dull pain on the left side in my pelvic and abdomen area and its kinda scaring me. I know you can have pains with pregnancy and it be normal but why would it be only on one side. They estimated me being 7 to 8 weeks pregnant. Please if anyone has had this and it is normal let me know if not should I go to the er? Its not a bad pain just a constant dull pain. Fells like pressure or something but only on the left side.
Thanks Kayla

kaylaylshfr

Asked by kaylaylshfr at 9:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Okay good news! Not your appendix! Halfway good news, could be an ovarian cysts, Bad news, could be etopic pregnancy,,,,,I hope it is nothing, and if you have any FEVER please go to urgent care or ER, good luck Mommy, and for once please tell me what it was, !!! I will be praying and hoping for you! PS---if the pain is more than 6 on scale of 1 to 10 please go anyway!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Im a little over 6 weeks and i have a constant dull ache in my right side.. almost like cramping.. they told me its normal.. its my utures stretching.. so try not to worry and see what the doctor says durring your appointment.. good luck
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Thank u for your reply and I will let u know lol. I'm not running a fever and The pain is probably like a 3 on a 1-10 scale. Just kind of anoying but its still worring me. The weather is like 3' outside and I have 2 boys under 3 already so I really don't want to get them out unless I have to. If I starts hurting worse of dosn't go away I'm going to go to the ER but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what it might be. Thanks Kayla
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 9:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Hi,I am 11 weeks and have had some dull pain.I thought I might have a bladder or kidney infection.It turns out I have an ovarian cyst that is fluid filled.The doctor did an ultrasound to diagnosis it.The doctor said it is somewhat common during pregnancy and that most of the time they go away on there own.If it becomes severe or acute pain I am supposed to go straight to the hospital,but other than that we are just keeping a close eye on it.Hope this helps!Good Luck!!
    momslove4u

Answer by momslove4u at 11:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2010