how can i get my 1 yr old baby girl to sleep more ? & my 2 yr old son ?

i cant get any sleep ! my son wakes up like 2-3 times and when hes not waking up my daughter wakes up 3-4 times ...

Naralie

Asked by Naralie at 9:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• First of all, are you keeping them on a rigid schedule? You need to set up a schedule that they get up, take naps and go to bed at the same time everyday. What will happen is that they will know when it is time to sleep and when it is time to be awake. The second issue may be that they are hungry. Maybe before bed, give them a snack to tide them through the night. Thirdly, are they in the same room? If one wakes up, they will eventually wake the other. Here is one trick that I used. We invented the mattress fairy who would bring "gifts" to good children that went to bed on time, stayed in their room/own beds and slept through the night. We did this for 2 weeks. Each night we left a small toy (nothing big) and a note about how proud the fairy was. The fairy said her last good night and left a big present like a book, and a note saying other kids needed her. Finally, she was sleeping thru the night by herself.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 12:29 AM on Jan. 12, 2010