What can we do about a broken front tooth & NO insurance?

My DH never got to go to the dentist growing up. He got hit as a child by a neighbor & a wagon and was left with half of a tooth. Throughout our marriage he lost most of his teeth. Today his half of tooth got broken more off by a nut! Anyway we're unemployed. No insurance or means to see a dentist! Its awful! I nearly died from a bad tooth. A dentist told me I was one day away from death! My mouth even froze shut! We used to have a dentist here for needy. The issue if its here is this. A one year Wait! We're hopeless!! This is horrible! Not only lookswise. If work ever gets in our area. Looking like that won't be appealing! Any ideas? Any Help! I know in our area even if you had state funded medical care. (Which we don't) no one accepts it! Why are dentist visits so costly and out of reach? The last time he saw a dentist in the '80's that dentist pulled the wrong tooth! We could never afford dental care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Health

• where I used to live, they had a dental clinic for the needy, it was like yours with a long wait, except they did have an emergencies walk in day, which you had to show up at like 8 am and sit all day and wait for an opening. Ask yours if they have something similar.
    Anonymous

• We have a place called the Farmworkers clinic. Its for everybody and they go by your income.
    cherrera5

Answer by cherrera5 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Go to a State run large medical center with medical school attached. In the middle of the day and the middle of the week-- let the Residents do it for you you need help and they need practice :)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i have insurance and cant afford it...isnt that sad.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If there is a school for dentistry near you sometimes they offer reduced rates for their medical students to observe or sometimes perform what needs to be done. Dont worry they don't allow first year students to do it. They sometimes have pmt plans too. Good luck. I know I am in the same boat. We were poor when I was a kid and my teeth suffered.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• check the area for dental schools - not the best care, but better than nothing if you need it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Is there a free clinic where you live? A lot of those will charge you by your income or not charge you at all if you don't have an income. Look for those in your area. I went to one and they're very handy.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• 90% of private dentist will work out a payment plan for you. just call arond and ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• As mentioned alot of dentist will work out a payment plan. Here in Michigan the red cross will help with dental work alot of times for low income families.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2010