Is a year and a half to soon to try and potty train?

my son is 18 months old and the reason i am asking is because he knows when he potties and he wants us to change his diaper he pulls down his pants and goes and gets a diaper for us to change it. So should we wait intill after he turns two or should we try now?

mommyoftwo0809

Asked by mommyoftwo0809 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• NOW!!!
    Anonymous

• no its not to early. the sooner the better . my son is 20 months and i am starting to show him how to go pee in the big potty
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• DO IT NOW GIRL! my daughter is almost a year and we're already starting!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Just don't try to force it. It sounds like he is ready, but don't push.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 1:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Here is our experience. Our doctor said: she is so smart, get a potty seat at 18 months; my husband was thrilled, I was horrified. It was the longest potty training ever, on and off for almost three years. The child was reading and tying her shoes before she was out of diapers

Answer by rkoloms at 10:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• rkoloms, sounds like you were the problem not your daughter. It's all about being consistent and not giving in by putting them back in diapers. I got rid of diapers cold turkey and gave my son no choice but to potty train, it took a week and he was 18 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 8, 2010