what is gripe water?

ive honestly never heard of it before. what is in it? whats it for? where do you get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gripe_water
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• its supposed to be for colic but dont even bother wasting your time it doesnt work
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Chamomile and fennal seed. You get it at any store. Its for gassy babies.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Gripe Water is peppermint oil and water . Anyway it's mixed in the correct amounts so even a very tiny baby can have it as long as the dosage instructions are followed. We used it with all our kids, works great for tummy aches. As far as I know you cannot get it in the States...we used to go to Canada to get it as we had relatives up there anyway. They sold it in almost every drug store...don't know if they still do. DO NOT buy peppermint oil and try to mix it yourself....its very easy to make it too strong and that can be dangerous.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Gripe water is a combination of herbs - usually fennel and maybe ginger - in liquid form that says it helps with colic, gas, and teething. I bought mine at CVS and Ingles grocery store (in the baby isle). I used the Baby Bliss brand. It worked for my baby - for gas. THe mylicon drops didn't work at all - in fact I believe they made him worse. But just as soon as i gave him the gripe water he would settle down! I loved it and will have some on hand for any future babies! I BF so I would give it to him out of a dropper - he took it just fine, maybe even liked it! But you can mix it in a bottle if you need to. Anyway - I loved it and thought it worked great!
    Here is a link about baby bliss: http://www.babysbliss.com/
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It is good for tummy aches, teething, colic! It worked GREAT for my son! I loved it! Within moments of my son taking a dose when he was younger and crying so hard, he was calm and asleep. I bought mine a walgreens. I don't know if you live anywhere near a walgreens but its worth buying for sure!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010