is there anything else i can do for my 3 month old baby boy?

He has been running a fever all day its been no lower than 101.1 an the highest was 101.9. I took him to the doc he has an ear infection. I've been giving him meds for the fever I've given him a luke warm bath. He is very fussy an wants to be held I can't even put him down when he is sleeping because he will wake up screaming. Idk what else to do. He is so miserable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my son had ear infections as an infant, for sleeping, I would strap him into the carrier carseat and set that on the floor and let him sleep in it. The incline helped with the pressure in his ears from the infection.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I think you're doing probably all you can do. Just hold him. He is in pain and doesn't feel good so naturally he's gonna want his momma. Comfort him all you can and hopefully he will feel better in the morning.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• incline will definatly help, laying flat hurts, it should get better after a day or 2 on the antibiotics
    poor baby good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• you really dont want to rid the fever totally the fever is what will cure his infection.. I know you think its the antibiotic but it really is not that it is your immne system that clears the infection so I'd just give him tylenol every 4 hours for comfort and maybe consider some half strength baby juice to help clear the thickness behind the tympanic membrane and keep him lightly dressed
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yes inclining the baby will help a lot.. I used the carseat as well when they had them, I was fortunate that they didnt get them hardly at all, one or 2 times. I feel for the moms who have babies who get ear infections all the time!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• juice does not clear the membrane and the antibiotic clears the infection not the fever, other wise things would get better on their own with out antibiotics not worse.....
    Anonymous

• Lots of extra nursing (it is for comfort as much as for nutrition); wear your baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I am pretty sure that you can give a three month old elderberry syrup.