I had my baby Dec23 can i already have sex? I feel fine and nothing hurts, what are the consequences if i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told the risks of having sex before the 6th week postpartum mark, were hemmoraging because you're body is not healed.
    Anonymous

• they say your suppose to wait 6wks before you go at it again, when you go for your follow up with your doctor you can ask them if its okay they will probably tell you to wait, your body just went through a stressful experience and it needs time to readjust and get back to normal so i'd probably wait if i were you, and i've heard that after the baby you are very fertile and can get pregnant in the drop of a hat so think about that too, but i would def check with your doctor before anything!!
    Anonymous

• i heard u risk infection
    Anonymous

• You are super fertile! I believe the wait is about 6 weeks but it depends on a few things, do you have stitches or a c-section. You should ask your doctor, you should have an appointment coming up or make one and ask about your options. As far as consequences if you are not as healed as you feel you can injury something or move around something and end up delaying your recovery, plus you are super fertile
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 10:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yup, your super fertile right after you deliver. You have to be super careful!

Also, the risk of infection is high. If your bleeding (even just a little bit of spotting) you should NOT be putting anything in your vagina! Your still healing and you should give your body time to. I always felt great after birth and I waited at least until all the bleeding stopped before I even considered it. The first week we finally did, we always used condoms (not only is the lube better since it'll help things go in smoothly but it helps with the infection).

When you finally do, just listen to your body. Go slow, and if it hurts at all then stop. Don't push your luck or you'll really regret it!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i did less than two weeks after. the doc wa just concerned about pregnancy.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had sex a week and a half PP, but then again I had a c-section. It depends on what was done during delivery. If you had no episiotomy or stitches, I'd do what feels comfortable. If you did, it's best to wait.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had a doctor tell me once that they say that because there is a slight risk of infection or bleeding...but he said that in MOST cases if you have stopped bleeding and had a relatively worry free delivery...it's usually fine. That's not saying you aren't still taking a small chance...but just be aware of the risks and watch for warning signs. For example...if you start bleeding again after the sex, even just spotting...don't do it again for another week or so. If it's heavier than a period, call your doctor...or if it's enough to worry you. Signs of infection include itching, irritation, vaginal discharge, foul odors, and in extreme cases Pelvic inflammatory disease may occur and can cause the previous symptoms as well as abdominal pain.
    Anonymous

• i had sex six days after an emergency c-section so.... i will probably do it in a few weeks too after our baby is delivered by section...
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had a normal vaginal birth with no stitches or anything and we were "doing it" when DD was 10 days old. If you're breastfeeding, it's VERY unlikely to get pregnant that quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2010