Did you pamper yourself and all before the big day?

My feet are so swelled up and i'm miserable and someone suggested going and getting my toes done that it would relax me and that getting my feet rubbed and all would feel good. just wondering how many got pampered before the big (D) day and what did you have done?

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got a manicure and pedicure before my baby shower...I was probably like 35 weeks. The pedicure definitely felt good that's for sure. My feet were disgustingly swollen and it did help a little bit. They have to be careful though because there is supposedly a pressure point in your ankle or foot, I can't remember, that can cause you to start having contractions.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i had a full spa day! toes, hair, make up, fingers, the whole 9 yards it was GREAT!! i was at the spa for 6 hours GO DO IT youll feels so much better and just think about it, you will be all pretty for your new baby
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had a pedicure done before I REALLY started swelling and I LOVED it! What the PP said is true about the pressure point. Also, if they rub your calves too strongly it can help induce too. So maybe you might want to go in the day before your due and just let them have at it! LOL!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• maternity massage= heaven
    zoeygracesmom

Answer by zoeygracesmom at 10:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Nope I did the dishes and cleaned the house had a panic attack cried my guts out and couldnt poop the day i was induced...... I really recommend pooping before they start giving you drugs. Trying to do that while contracting is very uncomfortable....
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• lol sorry I know you were being serious but had to laugh at that one the way you said it i almost rolled in the floor laughing but that would really suck you must of had that burst of energy they talk about cleaning like that and been hormonal at the same time I get like that was last week cried over everything.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2010