2 questions...

What is the best way to lose weight while breastfeeding?

Will tanning in a tanning bed affect my milk? We are going on vacation in a month and I just want to go tanning once or twice a week so I don't burn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Health

• Breast feeding itself should help you lose weight. If you began your pregnancy over weight, you can discuss your nursing plan with your doctor and get advice there. There is no fast way to lose weight. Dieting while nursing can make the mother feel awful.

Tanning won't change your milk but it may make your nipples really sore. You are MUCH more sensitive to UV light while pregnancy and nursing hormones are in your system. Also, the tanning lotion isn't good for your nipples while nursing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• The best way to lose weight is to live a healthy lifestyle. I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2010