Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My teenager is complaining about pain

My daughter is complaining about have abdominal bubbling and it is not really painful just hard to deal with she says she has a hard time breathing sometimes and her sternum hurts i am concerned because we have no way to take her to a doctor because were in financial trouble. She has only felt this pain for about a week and most of that week she has been on her period she has also been experiencing back pain and head aches

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

Answers (11)
  • maybe some really bad heartburn. Try some mylanta or pepcid.

    Answer by xtwilightx at 10:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • take her in to be seen, health dept, or a clinic, or even the er - cuz they wont make you pay up front

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • no way for a doctor? take her to a clinic, they have income-based clinics. i don't have insurance either but if it were my son i'd take him in a heartbeat.

    Answer by angevil53 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • If she is under the age of 18 you should contact your local Department of child protective services or health department for information of low income insurance for children. I know in Ga at least the requirements for children(not adults) to receive state health care are very easy to meet. There is no reason a child should not be covered by health insurance. I am not bashing I am just letting you know what is available to help you. My kids are on state care as well. Peachcare it's called here.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • a combination of gas and irritable bowel syndrome I bet. I have IBS and it can cause all of that stuff when it's flared up. I first noticed mine at age 17 and was diagnosed at 19.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • 'even the er - cuz they wont make you pay up front '

    This is why my 3 year old who busted his head open had to wait 5 hours to be stitched up. People with ear infections and cold's filling up the er waiting room so they could avoid paying up front. Go to a clinic. Don't clog up the er.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • SOUNDS LIKE SHE HAS A RIB OUT OF PLACE! It happens to me all the time... try to pop her back. and if shes getting headaches and stuff maybe her neck is out of place. take her to the chiropractor!

    Answer by HaviksMum at 10:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • Hmmm... My first thought was gas but neck and back pain don't fit though those can be the after math of her period. I wuld agree with giving her some pepcid and see how that goes. Maybe some midol to.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 11:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

  • Your child needs to be seen by a health care practitioner. Lack of money is not a good excuse. Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • Take her to the ER. They cannot turn you away for lack of ability to pay.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.