Am i obsessed? Is there something wrong with me?

Hi, I am 17. When i was 15 i had a miscarriage. When it happened i was crushed i held the fetus and i didn't know what it was so i let it go down the shower drain. Just the idea that i had what would have been my baby in my hand absolutly crushed me. Ever since I have had a strong motherly instinct. I love taking care of kids, kids love me, but my problem is, I want one of my own. I would love to have a child. Is there something wrong with me because of that? Me and my boyfriend aren't trying to have one but we aren't doing anything to prevent it. We had sex around the time I was ovulating and he pulled out but kind of hesitated so I think some cum got in me, plus the whole pre0cum worry. I guess i just have to wait till when my period is due but the anticipation is killing me. Part of me hopes I am not pregnant since i am 17 but most of me hopes I am. Is that wrong?

alwaysthinking1

Asked by alwaysthinking1 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Geez that ANON sure is a bitch. Immature crap? There is nothing wrong with what she said. She needs help and your going to make some rude ass statement like that??? Seriously THAT is immature...if you didn't like the question she was asking thats cool, but to take the time outta your day to actually write that is just pathetic. But LaurenKaye is right you have so much time to have a baby and why not wait until you can give that child anything and everything he or she deserves? I was 15 when i got pregnant and had my first baby girl when i was 16 ( she is now 6 ) But I really wish I wouldn't of been more stable when I had her, her father and i did a great job raising her, but just think of all the thigns you can give your baby if you have a good job, and a good home, great family and a supporting father..not saying you don't have those i'm just saying... anyways def think abotu those questions though, they are good questions
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i hope you are not, because this world just doesn't need more of this immature crap.
    Anonymous

• No, emotional pain after miscarriage is normal. Wanting to concieve after a miscarriage is normal. But in all honesty, I think you're too young to try to have a baby. You're only 17. You have your whole life ahead of you. Have you graduated high school yet? Do you think you can afford to have a baby? Are you and your boyfriend stable or thinking about getting married? Do you have a stable job? All of those you have to think about. You have plenty of time to have a baby. Give it time and enjoy your youth.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• no it is very normal...but you should think about things and make sure you can take and your boyfriend can take care of yourselves before you consider bringing a child into this world.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Not to be mean or anything , but I have to say yes...

at 17, going out and having fun was on my mind....not having a baby...esp..the way you
    are talking about it..

That anon...is right...the OP is acting immature
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i am the anon and i find that this question was rehearsed and somehow i don't think it is what you all think it is, but that is just me. I am not a bitch, but i find it sketchy. Sorry. I'll save my kind words for people who really need it. Not for people or hackers who are looking for attention or entertainment.
    Anonymous

• What you felt is normal but wanting to have a baby at 17 is NOT. Take it from a married 33 year old mother to 17 month old twins...being a mother is HARD. And EXPENSIVE. If you truly love children, then you will wait to have a family. Live your life, experience things, have fun, get your education and a good job. Travel a bit. You have plenty of time for children later in life. Right now you are way too young to understand the true ramifications of having children. You will be happy you waited and lived your life before getting settled down with a family.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• about being obsessed....i do believe that the problem with alot of young girls wanting to become pregnant has to do with the way their parents teach them its all wrong...and not just parents, society. We are all kinda taught from a very young age that we are to take care of men and have babies...i mean..we get that impression from playing with barbie dolls and we feel presure. Its in every women to WANT it but you should be a stronger person and think of what would be best for YOU instead of what everyone else has done.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Get a puppy first. Planned pregnacy at 17 is not a smart choice. Do you have a job? Get married first & enjoy you husband for a few years.
    Anonymous

• I do agree with most of the women when they say you shoud not and enjoy your life, bc you should, your only young for so long...BUT like i stated before i was your age when i had my first baby and i do not regret it at all. Bc the way I look at it is, when my kids are grown and outta the house I will have so much life left in me!! Think about it. All my kids will be all outta the house when I am 42. Well and if not out of the house old enough to stay at home by their selves. When my first child graduates from high school I will be only 37. A lot of women are just having babies at that age, which there is nothing wrong with that at all. BUT women that age had their fun before they had their children, and women like me that had children young will have all the time in the world afterwards. I'm not saying do it and have a baby, but if you think the time is right, you have enough money and place of your own, a great relationship,
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2010