I have a question about having a c-section.

I am not sure where to post this but I had my son 7 years ago and I don't plan to have another for a few years. I was told that my next child would have to be done by c-section also since I had had one, but after 10yrs, don't you think I would be healed enough to have my next vaginally? I know you are not doctors but I was just curious on your thoughts or if you had known anyone who was able to have a baby. I think where I live they prefer me to have a c section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had my first by c-section and I was offered the option to have my second naturally. My boys were only 19 months apart. Ask your doctor. I think you should be able to choose.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 11:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It is your right to try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). You might have to find a doctor that will do that, but I don't see why - after that long - you would have problems. The risk isn't much greater to you than the risk of another c-section. Do your research before agreeing to a scheduled c-section! It is your choice!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• OP here, I know this sounds stupid, but my biggest fear about vaginal birth is not getting tight again. What if I get too lose and my husband is kinda on the small side so I dont' wanna lose the tightness i have. I don't want sex to suck after that.
    Anonymous

• you can have a vaginal delivery after having a c-section. There is a higher risk of having complications but you can do it.
    Anonymous

• Which way is your scar from the csection? That might have something to do with being told you can't have a VBAC - - it used to be standard to do csections vertically, and VBACs are not allowed after that (I don't remember the reason why, but it has something to with how things heal I believe), however now csections are typically done horizontally and VBACs are fine with those scars.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• And as far as things getting "tight" again - - Don't worry too much about it - - our bodies are designed to do just that.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Just wanted to mention that the direction of the scar on your abdomen won't necessarily be the same as the one on your uterus, you'll need your medical records to know for sure which way you were cut.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• a friend of mine had a VBAC after having had 2 csections. she actully says sex is better now.
    personally I have 3 kids. all vag births. sometimes DH seems a little too big (if its been awhile) and I think he's pretty normal sized compared to other men
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I found that I felt tighter in...areas...after I gave birth vaginally...
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Yeah, 10 years sounds like plenty of time to heal. As for being tight again, when I had my vag birth, the doc stitched me up (having ripped from one end to the next and on the inside) kind of too tight, but it all evened out eventually. No worries. Enjoy your next baby.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:54 AM on Jan. 8, 2010