what would you say to this?

my husband's bfriend is gay. She was in our wedding, we've known her for a long time. She has been gone for several years because she's in the Navy. While she was gone she got engaged, and then she ended up breaking off the relationship, going into a depression and tried to kill herself. So, she will be coming back home and my husband and another friend (who is also a girl but is gay as well) said they would spend the night with her when she got home to help support her and be there for her. I trust my husband, but we have had a rocky past. We have 2 children, and another on the way. I am having a hard time with him spending the night with two girls, even though they are gay. I don't think anything would happen between him and his friends, but it still makes me uneasy. what would you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i would feel weird about it too. I don't know what to do or say. Sorry.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i would be cautious. adults having sleep overs seems weird even if she is depressed.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I would not like it not one bit, they claim they are gay but she got married so it means she swings both ways and may be looking for a rebound, two girls and my husband whether gay or whatever they are i would have a definate problem with it!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• she was engaged to a girl, but never got married
    Anonymous

• Ya that seems a bit fishy to me...why do they feel the need to spend the night with her? Sure go out and all that but sleep at home. I think something else is up here....but I also tend to not trust very many people lol.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Don't take this wrong please, or hash as it may seem but I'd for sure say NOPE. Not gonna happen. If my husband even thought of having a sleep over with one of his straight guy friends...I'd ask him "What the hell...are you 10 all of a sudden?". It sounds like your really conflicted about this, but it sounds more like you don't agree either. Personally, I'd put my foot down on this one. Even though nothing may come of it...its still very odd & the fact that you don't like it should be enough for him to not do it. Something that always helps is to ask him if he'd care if you did the same with your two gay guy friends...good luck!
    rainandresmom

Answer by rainandresmom at 11:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• NO WAY would I let my hubby do that!~!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• DH WOULD NOT BE ALOUD TO GO!!!!!! AND HE IF DID WE WOULD BE IN DIVORCE COURT!!!! SOUNDS LIKE TO ME, THEIR IS MORE GOING ON!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
    CODYSMOM_00

Answer by CODYSMOM_00 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Honestly, i wouldn't have any issues with my SO doing something like that.... Mainly because I trust him, but also because hello, the women are gay! If anything is going to happen, it would be between the two of them, but gay women are NOT attracted to men, period. Also, it sounds like your husband's friend has been going through a hard time. You say she's his best friend, she was in your wedding, sounds to me like he just wants to be there for her... You also say you've known her for years, do YOU think she'd do something like that?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• How sure r u that they r gay? sounds kinda fishy to me, an adult sleep over? I wouldn't let my man go even if they were they gayest girls i ever met. Maybe u should suggest them all cum stay at ur house or u go stay w/ them.
    Mrs.Ferri

Answer by Mrs.Ferri at 3:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2010