Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know if there is....?

Does anyone know if there is any programs in OK that assist in pre-existing mortgages to help pay for a month? I called DHS today and they had no clue and tried to call the community action place and no one answered. Our bill will be past due the 15th and I am outta of a job and my husbands new business isn't doing as well as we had hoped. I am praying we don't lose our home, b/c I don't want to have to switched homes on my 12 month old son. If you know anything, please let me know. And I am indian and so is my husband but neither of us have a role number :(

Answer Question

Asked by leann74016 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 16 (2,449 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • this isn't the right place for this question, and i don't like in OK so I'm not sure

    Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • ps. good luck :(

    Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • I dont know where to post this and because my son is 12 months I figured I'd post it here....if you know where would be best to post this question, please let me know. Thank you

    Answer by leann74016 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • They won't take your house for being a month late... you have to be really, really late... like 6+months. Call your lender and ask if they can help in any way. You will get the run-around, but keep calling. They may not be able to help because you aren't really late yet, might be the same deal with gov assistance. Just work on getting an income and pay what you can, when you can. Sometimes they will put missed payments on the back of the loan if you can't make them up... but I really don't think there's much you can do right this second, the loan has to be delinquent before they will consider you for any help.

    Answer by LeanneC at 1:52 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • I know Cherokee Nation helps out with this type of situation but you have to have a CDIB, maybe if your (or husbands) parent has a CDIB card and your birth certificate showing that you are thier child, I dont know. Anyway, I dont know what tribe you are but Creek Nation also helps out. The only thing is that they will only help once a year. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

  • LeannC has a point, call your lender and ask if you can "defer" a payment. This means that this months payment would be skipped and added to the end of your mortgage. They usually say you can only do this once a year or once every 6 months. It couldn't hurt to ask. I would call before your payment is actually due, that way it is still in good standing. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.