swaddeling

Has anybody had to swaddle their baby longer than "normal", if so how long? I'm still swaddeling my 6.5 month old!! Yes, we had to make our own swaddle blankets to accomadate the non-newborn size:) He is so active that he wakes himself up constantly if his arms and legs are tucked away!

TarraJoy

Asked by TarraJoy at 11:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh i have been there! Really there shouldn't be a set time when you should stop swaddling. my son is two and he loves to be curled up/semi swaddled ( i wrap him up in his blanket and hold him a minute or two before bed). so as long as it doesn't hurt him in anyway don't question; you know what you are doing =)
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• LMAO!!! I just clicked on this as I got done swaddling my 8 month old!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Anonymous

• ummm, they kinda need to learn to sleep with out that. It's not good for them to not be able to move around in their sleep for so many reasons... Talk to your Doc about this. Could be the sign of a developmental delay!!!

Anonymous

• I do it too! My baby is same age as yours ;o)

SERIOUSLY ANON:59?????????...... You sound DELAYED! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it.. i haven't swaddled for probably over 6 months, and my daughter is almost a year.. but we still tuck her in at night.. if she gets out of the blankets then more fun for her..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2010