why do i still want another baby?

I'm 19
my husband and I live with his parents at the moment
I just had DS 4 months ago
I'm diabetic.

why on earth can't this convince me not to try for another? I really really want to be pregnant again sometimes and it scares me- i told my husband i wanted DS to be an only child because I'm afraid if i tell him the truth he'll agree to give me another. =( why do i want another already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• What you are feeling is completely normal.  I felt that way when I had 6 week old twins! I knew it was crazy, but I still felt it very strongly. It scared me that I was thinking like that; I'm usually super practical and cautious.  I don't think the feeling has anything to do with age, maturity, or how responsible you are; I was a married 35 year old college graduate with a good career, and I still felt that way - acting on it and feeling it are two different things.  Becoming a mother can drive the most sane and practical woman to think with her heart instead of her head - you have to fight against that when you know the timing or circumstances aren't right. I think if you can hold out for a few more months you'll find your mind again. Try to focus your attention on your new baby and savor all those firsts. GL & hang in there!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Maybe you miss being pregnant. It is natural. But honestly, after 4 months, being only 19 and living with people, it is clear you are not ready to provide for another child. Think smart. Wait until you guys are stable :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:12 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• You don't! You just think you do! LOL. I felt the same way as you then I waited till dd was 20 months and got pregnant that month. WAIT, you are young!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Yes I agree. Wait..you have plenty of time. Just sit back & relax & enjoy your baby that you have now because it really does go fast.
    babyphatlady23

Answer by babyphatlady23 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i'm in the same boat. i fine myself really wanting to have another child... I'm with the father of my child... for however long it last. he left me the first time and last time i was pregnant. he will never marry me.. I'm sure i will be left behind again sooner or later. I don't want to date after that. i felt like i was doing something wrong when i did while i was single for a year and a 1/2 while my "baby daddy" tried to play the field and failed. I live with my parents and I am a full time student. trying to find work. daddy has been unemployed since march of 2009 ... despite all of this I would like to have one last child then get my tubes tied.... it's messed up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I agree with everyone wait till you are more stable, you don't want two in diapers at the same time, you are very young and have time, enjoy the little one you have for now, they are so much fun and a joy but are also very expensive...take your time!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Why do you? Because you are immature and have no common sense? Just my opinion....

USE YOUR BRAIN GIRL! GEEZUS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Nature puts that desire there. Just like a cat that keeps producing even when it isn't wise to do so. It's in our nature to want to reproduce because there was a time in history that it was necessary for the human race to continue. Just give it some time. Even if you were financially stable and not living with your parents having another at this time wouldn't be healthy for you. You need to give yourself time to heal. I'm not saying NEVER have another. Just give yourself time to recover and hopefully be in a better situation to have another baby later on down the road.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:49 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I felt the same way after I had my son.
    I think it's normal and will go away eventually.

ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 1:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I am 19, I live on my own and my mom supports me so i can go threw college..my son is almost 2 yrs old..his bio dad is not around but im in a great realtionship with an older man whom i love..he has 2 kids of his own..and i BADLY and DILLERIOUSLY want another baby. lol..I think its just natural to go threw a baby craze phase..give it some time..it might pass..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:16 PM on Jan. 8, 2010