• In the Spotlight:

is it normal for a toddler to head butt things until she gives herself a concusion then continue to do it after?

windfall06

Asked by windfall06 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmm..I don't think so. I have a 4 year old boy & he has never done that but it sounds like she's trying to get your attention. My son does that, just in different ways. She see's that you react & thats what she wants. But she's really hurting herself & thats scary.
    babyphatlady23

Answer by babyphatlady23 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Google self-stimulation behavior, sensory integration disorders (SID), autism, self injurious behavior (SIB)

I don't mean to scare you but it could be so many things that can make your head spin. My suggestion, make an appointment with your pediatrician and be completely honest about your concerns, it may warrant for a screening for ASD.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:38 AM on Jan. 8, 2010