is it normal or toddlers to head butt things then continue to do it after they give themselves a concusion doing it?

my daughter has been head butting things from concrete to cushions for as long as i can remember and it has even gone as far as her giving herself a concusion doing it and im scared over the fact that she still continues to do this is there anything i can do to help her im afraid she is going to hurt herself even more than what she already has done

windfall06

Asked by windfall06 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she two? Terrible twos A cloth helmet might help but she might just be frustrated from not being able to express herself.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• My son used to do the same thing. He has special needs, so I'm not sure if the same things would work. But, his headbutting has slowed down a lot since he started occupational therapy. He does it only when he's upset now and can't tell me what's wrong since he still doesn't really talk. Then I have to put him in bed (the least likely place he'll get hurt) and let him cool down. Have you asked her doctor what he or she recommends?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I think its a little normal
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:44 AM on Jan. 8, 2010