stretch marks.................

i used cocoa butter on my belly faithfully while pregnant with my son, he came out 9lbs, 5oz and after i had him limped over to the mirror and i didn't have not one stretch mark on my body, very happy about it now i am pregnant with my second whats the chances this time will i or wont i get them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you didnt get them with #1 you probably wont get them with #2. Lucky girl.
    I used cocoa butter and mederma with my first, got stretch marks, and now more with my second.
    I know i can get all the pregnancy weight off, but it bums me out that i wont ever have my gorgeous tummy back : (
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:33 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• LOL you are one of the lucky ones, some people won't get them and the cocoa butter has nothing to do with it. It is a genetic thing . I am not a lucky one so I just live with the stretch marks they are my war wounds lol.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Its genetic so you may not get them at all. Good for you! For all of us others, olive oil is supposed to help, anyone heard this?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i don't know if olive oil works or not but with my first my stomach looked like a big star burst..lol they suck but they are there, I would do it again for my son :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:10 AM on Jan. 8, 2010

• i did not get stretch marks for my first two, but with my twin pregnancy i did get some. they are pretty faint, though. i believe my elastic skin is from eating a lot of healthy fats. even before my 1st pregnancy i took udo's oil. now we take fish oil. my mom got stretch marks, and my sister did too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• I am about to give birth to baby #4 and have never gotten a single stretch mark and I never used cocoa butter or any other special lotions. For me it has to do with good skin elasticity which is genetic (although that does not mean "if you mom had them you will" and vice versa because my mom is a road map of stretch marks).
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 8, 2010